If you live in the vicinity of Brooklyn, New York and you need to move locally or long distance, The Moving Doctor has you covered. You need to use a reliable, licensed & insured moving company whenever you are moving. The Moving Doctor is reliable, licensed & insured. We are also an honest & friendly full service moving company that offers both residential and commercial services.
When we say we are a full service, licensed & insured moving company, we mean FULL service. The Brooklyn, NY movers from The Moving Doctor deliver an impressive number of services.
We take the guesswork out of the cost of moving with our free in-home estimates. Call 1 800 515-6683 and ask us to send one of our Brooklyn-area cost estimators to your home to inventory the items you need to be packed and moved and provide you with an accurate quote. The onsite estimator will also be with you throughout the moving process, advising and helping you. With this service, you won’t find our movers goofing off or throwing sheets of unused paper into boxes, just to add unnecessary cost to your bill.
In addition to Brooklyn, we serve the local cities of Long Island, Nassau, Suffolk, New York City, Manhattan, Queens, Bronx, and Staten Island. We move and ship items to international destinations as well as moving items to interstate destinations.
We offer the following types of moving services:
• Residential Moving – The miles may be few, but you still need your items to arrive in good condition. Let us help you up with boxing up and unpacking, crating, piano and fine art moving, storage, and/or box delivery.
• Senior Citizen Moving – We have senior relocation managers who assist with the relocation of seniors. This includes the following:
o Coordination of all aspects of the relocation
o Sorting through items to determine what items can be sold, donated, or tossed so as to right-size the amount of furnishings and belongings to the size of the new living quarters
o Packing, unpacking, and setting up belongings
• Estate Moving – Our bonded, licensed & insured moving professionals safely pack and transport valuables and antiques in air-ride vehicles, delivering them directly to the new owners near and far. We store the items in a secure and bonded storage facility, remove debris and unwanted items, and we pick up and deliver items you want to donate to charity.
o Cleanouts – Under the umbrella of our estate moving services is our cleanout service. Whether or not an estate is involved, we can sort through mounds of clutter to determine what is unsalvageable, what could be donated to charity or otherwise given away, or something the client likely wants to keep. This service includes all of the estate moving features and services as well.
• Last Minute and Emergency Moving – Natural disasters, domestic disputes, and situations involving closing dates, landlords, and bank foreclosures can create a need to pack and evacuate quickly. Call us at 1 718 206-3860 to get the speedy help that you need!
• Eviction Moving – We have 22 years of experience with eviction moving, so we understand the eviction process, and we know how the process works for landlords, banks, real estate offices, and management companies. No matter what your role is, we can give you all of the necessary paperwork.
• Foreclosure Moving – This kind of moving needs to be done quickly and carefully. Because all foreclosure moves are different, we recommend that you contact us at 1 800 515-6683 to obtain our moving estimate form.
• Long Distance Moving – Interstate moving requires better supplies and services than a move across town does. Let us crate, pack, transport, and unpack for you.
• International Moving and Shipping – We specialize in international moving and shipping.
o We provide the following services:
Professional loading at export warehouses
International moving by ocean container
Overseas relocation by self-pack
Worldwide household goods shipment
Worldwide furniture shipment
o To help you plan your move, we suggest that you follow the following five steps:
Find out what the customs regulations and import duties are in the overseas country you are sending your items to.
Call The Moving Doctor at 1 800 515-6683 to request our free quote.
Prepare your furniture for shipping and include an itemized list.
Book the shipment. Organize your shipping arrangements.
Contact the destination port agent about the ship’s arrival.
o Be aware that your moving costs will be based on the total volume (cubic meters) or the weight of your belongings, which can be shipped by one of the following three ways:
LCL (less than container load)
FCL (full container load), 20 feet or 40 feet
Sole use container
Call us today at 1 800 515-6683 to get your free quote!
We know how important it is to have a safe place to store your items when you are between moves or just need more living or office space. That is why we offer climate-controlled and fireproof, state-of-the-art facilities in which to house your belongings. Do you wish you could have your moving van driver park the loaded truck in a secure environment for a few days? With us, you can!
We offer storage for the following:
• Document (plus shredding)
• S.I.T. (sit in the truck)